Business Spanish is Everyone’s Spanish
Buying a house. Real Estate. Mortgage.
lunes, 15 de mayo de 2017
Welcome to Monday’s Business Spanish Post. Since we have talked about home repair the several weeks, today we’ll talk about buying or selling a home.
Here is some key industry vocabulary.
Remember: Business Spanish is Everyone’s Spanish. Even if we don’t work in the field, we probably utilize their services or at least it will help us to recognize more words when listening to T.V and radio in Spanish.
casa – house
hogar – home
el sueño americano – the american dream
1. La industria hipotecaria – the mortgage industry
2. Un/a banquero/a hipotecario/a – a mortgage banker
3. Una hipoteca – a mortgage
4. Un préstamo – a loan
5. La tasa de interés – the interest rate
6. Una tasa fija – a fixed rate
7. Una tasa ajustable – an adjustable rate
8. El plazo – the term
9. ingresos – income
10. La Administración Federal de Vivienda – FHA
11. comprar – to buy
12. vender – to sell
13. los costos de cierre – closing costs
14. enganche – down payment
15. la casa de sus sueños – the house of your dreams
16. una casa en venta – a house for sale
17. una inversión – an investment
18. cobrar – to charge
19. el banco – the bank
20. un agente de bienes raíces – a real estate agent
21. propietario/a – owner
1. In your notebook, write down key words that you’ll like to incorporate into your vocabulary.
2. Tune into Spanish radio and T.V and try to identify some of the words being used in the commercials.
Leave me a comment and let me know how you are doing with your Spanish. I’d love to hear from you.
Gracias y hasta mañana
If you know anyone in the real estate industry or mortgage industry, please share this page with them. You can use the links below.